Raff’s two channels, built on different timeframes, show a global trend. Raff’s fast internal channel, in addition, defines the boundaries of the trade corridor. Inside it, trading is carried out within the boundaries of the Keltner-Raschke channel. Disabled martingale and money management are provided, transactions are protected by stop-losses.
Features of the trading strategy – two Raff channels on different timeframes determine the trend, and trading is performed in the Keltner-Raschke channel
The robot calculates the two channels by the method of Hilbert Raff. One Raff channel is slow, it is built on a higher timeframe and covers a global trend. The second channel of Raffa is fast, is built on the current timeframe, covers the current trend and defines the boundaries of the trading corridor. Transactions are allowed only in the direction in which the directions of both Raff channels coincide. Inside the fast Raff channel, the Chester Keltner channel is built in a modification of Linda Raschke, in which trading operations are carried out. Transactions are concluded from one border of the channel in the direction of another border, taking into account the direction of global and local trends. Thus, most of the positions are closed with a profit. Unprofitable positions are averaged by additional transactions, which are calculated so that their aggregate is also closed with a profit. As the deposit increases, due to money management, the volume of transactions increases to reconcile available funds, profitability and risk. When trading, virtual targets are invisible by the broker. In case of technical failures, real protective targets are provided.
Recommendations for use
No indicators are required for the operation of the robot, all the necessary algorithms are contained in a single file of the robot. To control the operation of the robot, you can use the additional indicator Raff Channel indicator, which displays the Raff channel and the Keltner Raschke indicator, which displays the Keltner-Rashke channel. Indicators can be set on the same chart with the robot. The parameters of the indicators should be set as the corresponding input parameters of the robot. The Raff indicator showing the channel on the higher timeframe should be set on a separate chart, where the higher timeframe is specified.
By switching the parameter Open counter positions, it is possible to allow or prohibit the setting of opposite positions when fulfilling the entry criteria in the opposite direction. The resolution of opposite positions increases the total number of trading cycles and reduces drawdowns due to locking.
The robot can be optimized to work on other currency pairs and timeframes.
- Language – robot message language (Eng, Rus);
- Magic – magic number for orders;
- Open counter positions – open counter positions (Yes, No).
Parameters Keltner-Raschke channel
- Period of the basic EMA – calculation period of the base moving average, (5…30);
- Period of the average true range – the period of calculation of the average true interval (ATR), (5…30);
- Coefficient of the channel width – channel width ratio, (0.1…3.0);
- Keltner-Raschke channel timeframe – timeframe to build the channel.
Raff channel options (fast channel)
- Number of bars (Raff’s channel is fast) – the number of bars to calculate the fast Raff channel;
- Coefficient of the channel width (Raff’s channel is fast) – channel width ratio of fast Raff channel;
- Timeframe (Raff’s channel is fast) – timeframe to build the channel.
Raff channel options (slow channel)
- Number of bars (Raff’s channel is slow) – the number of bars to calculate the slow Raff channel;
- Coefficient of the channel width (Raff’s channel is slow) – channel width ratio of slow Raff channel;
- Timeframe (Raff’s channel is slow) – timeframe to build the channel.
Market entry options
- Entry criteria – distance to the trend line (in% of the width of the channel) to enter the transaction / exit from the transaction ;
- Gradient criteria – gradient of the inclination of the internal channel, at which it is permitted to conclude deals ;
- Offset for determining Gradient criteria – offset for gradient calculation;
- Distance to safety levels – distance to safety levels, points.
Parameters of averaging positions
- Use martingale – use martingale (Yes, No);
- Step of averaging positions – averaging step, points;
- Lot increase coefficient – coefficient of increase in the lot;
- Maximum number of steps for averaging positions – the maximum number of steps of averaging (if all is exceeded);
- Coefficient of stop – the stop ratio (the fraction of the averaging step, 0.1 … 1);
- Specified profit with averaging – given averaging profit, $ by 0.01 lot.
- Clearance – clearance above characteristic points (points);
- Use money management – use of money management (Yes, No).
- Initial lot.
The robot can be used on 5- and 4-digit quotes. The number of digits in quotes is defined automatically. All parameters specified in points should always be set for 5-digit quotes (set by default).
Download demo version. It only works in the strategy tester.